Monday, February 1, 2010

Pay Attention To Medical Symptoms



Some medical symptoms do not require a visit
to the doctor or emergency room. However,
some medical symptoms are warnings that
something is seriously wrong and immediate
action should be taken.

A few months ago I was experiencing tightness
in my chest that I assumed was heartburn.
When the heartburn was still with me the
next day I got a little worried that it could
be something more serious. Perhaps something
concerning the heart. So I took some aspirin
just in case.

Later that evening I decided to go to the
store to get something for heartburn.
I thought.. if that didn't solve the problem,
then I'll look into it further.

As I was leaving the store walking back
to my car I noticed I was having shortness
of breath. Now I was really worried.
I had planned to visit my mom and sister
who lived just a mile away from the store.
When I got there I told them about my
experience. They looked worried.

They were used to me having heartburn,
but shortness of breath was alarming.
They told me to go to an urgent care
center right away.

To make a long story short, I ended up
in the hospital for ten days. I had blood
clots in my right and left lungs.

Thank you to my mom and sister who
advised me to seek medical help.
Thank you to family and friends, and
everyone who prayed for my recovery.
Thank you to everyone who cared for me.
Thank you to everyone who wished me well.

Thank you Lexington Medical Center
for your care and hospitality. And for
making my stay feel more like "Lexington
Marriott Courtyard" :^)
Thank you Urgent Care Center at Irmo
for your care and hospitality. And for
advising me to go to the emergency room.

Thank you to my follow up doctor,
William A. Dunovant Sr. and his
staff for taking care of me.

To God be the glory. God bless each
and everyone of you.

Click on the following link to read
Six Serious Medical Symptoms:
http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/features/6-serious-medical-symptoms

8 comments:

  1. Praising GOD that you listened and sought help and that GOD placed everyone in your path.
    Blessings, hugs, and prayers,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I did not know! Praise God you made it through!

    Wishing you blessings and good health,
    Hillary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Andrea. I too believe that God placed
    everyone in my path. I am truly grateful.
    Many blessings to you. ~Nita

    Thanks Hillary. Blessings and good health to
    you. ~Nita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sitka has an award for you at All Gods Creatures.
    Hugs, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..Praise the Lord. I know that must of been horrifying. God brought you through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Andrea! Hope all is well with
    you. I will be by your way shortly.
    Nita

    @Legendswife...To God be the glory.
    Thanks for stopping by. I'm coming
    your way shortly. Nita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Same thing happened to me nine years ago. shortness of breath coughing, difficulty breathing and I procrastinated until one day ...and they found I had sarcoidosis. Still do but living well with it, by God's grace

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments. I appreciate your feedback.