Friday, July 2, 2010

Why I Chose an Online High School





When I told my family and friends that my son was attending
an online high school, some of them were enthused and
wanted to know more about it. And some of them sneered
at my decision and wanted to know what was wrong with
the traditional way of learning.

Well, the traditional way was not working for my son; so I
decided to find a school that would suit him, and Palmetto
State E-cademy (PSE) was the perfect choice for him.

Palmetto State E-cademy is a public, tuition-free, online
high school. PSE made it possible for my son to learn
at the time of day that he could do his best work. He
was able to learn at a pace that suited him. He was able
to attend and participate in activities which would have
been difficult to do in a traditional setting. Also, he did not
have to worry about distractions from disruptive students.

There were many advantages for my son being able to
attend high school online at Palmetto State E-cademy.
To learn more about PSE so you can decide if it is the
perfect choice for you, visit http://www.psecademy.org/

9 comments:

  1. That's wonderful. My family and I are far from the worries of high school but we know that online school is an option for our children. Great post!

    :)God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice comment!
    Online school sounds like a good option...we home school and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I have two boys who do online learning and we simply love it. :) They are enrolled in the same school as last but will check out Palmetto State E-cademy. I will have a Freshman this year and I would like to see what they offer. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anita

    So nice to meet you (HUG)!

    Thanks for sharing this. I will definitely take a peak, wondering if it has to be a full enrollment or if you can pick an choose courses of interest.

    So glad it is a good fit for your son. May He prosper at his studies and may God's hand be firmly upon him guiding his every step.

    Kimmie
    mama to 8
    one homemade and 7 adopted

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I teach in the Palmetto state, but never heard of this before. It could have a lot to do with the fact that I teach elementary aged children.

    It sounds wonderful if your teen is responsible and offers a wonderful alternative to traditional bricks and mortar schooling.

    I can't wait to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the feedback...

    ...legendswife
    ...Keri
    ...Sandy
    ... Kimmie
    ...Tylerswife

    It was greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When you say "tuition free" I'm assuming it is paid for by your taxes right? I think it is ideal that people who want to homeschool can get some or all of their curriculum without having to pay extra beyond the taxes they have already paid the state.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Right..Mark. And, indeed this is ideal for people who want to homeschool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our journey has begun!… secretly though

    If I’ve left you this message, you’re a follower of my original blog ~OR~ just someone I’ve happened upon while sending out these invites and that I would LOVE for to come along for the ride! Though I won’t be revealing who I am just yet – until we’re TO and THROUGH the first trimester! Just getting the word out about our new site – further explanation of all the secrecy and what we’re about on my first post. I’d love for you to stop by.

    Exciting things going on around here!

    www.DefinitelyMaybeBaby.com

    ~ the {secret} *Maybe* Baby Mama

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments. I appreciate your feedback.